Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sleepy Sunday: The Hunger...Pains?

I didn't know what to write about today and was just about ready to give up on today's blog post when I saw a preview for the Hunger Games on TV. My brain kinda automatically flipped through my catalogue of memories and the image of the parody book The Hunger Pains came into view.

I saw the book a few months ago at the University of Ottawa's bookstore and the cover being so similar with the original, I didn't notice the differences at first. So I picked up the book and when I read the back, I started laughing. For Katniss' name in the parody is Kantkiss Neverclean. Aha, right?

I didn't buy the book, mainly because it had the word "Harvard" on it and we all know how pretentious that lot can be, and the story seemed very similar to that of the The Hunger Games except with funny name changes (Pita Malarkey) and juvenile fart jokes. So I passed.

When I finished the third book of the Hunger Games series, I was dying to read something - anything - related to the cruel world of Panem. The movie has been released in theatres though and I will be going to see it Friday with my friend, we want to avoid the massive crowds.



Waiting a week to see the movie is a real pain. So anxious. Movie review to come the following Monday.

Candles are out,
Eleven's Ink

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...