Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Halloween Special: Sorting the Treats!

We all tricked or treated back in the day. Dressed up with our siblings, taken out by our parents, knocked on doors and collected the goods. The fun part - the one I anticipated 364 days prior - was sorting the candies once we got home.

We had a pretty good system going. We divided our loot into four piles:
  • Chips
  • Chocolate
  • Candy
  • Yucky stuff

Chips
This was by far my favourite pile. I dreamt of being buried alive in chip bags, throwing them up in the air, and proclaiming to anyone who would hear me that "CHIPS RULE!". This was deffo NOT the pile to touch. Back off, get your own chips!

Chocolate
Ok never mind, THIS was by far my favourite pile. It encompassed everything from those adorable snack-size chocolate bars, to the less delectable tootsies, which I kept as a back up plan. You know, in case the chocolate runs out.
Candy
Scratch everything I wrote up top. THIS was my favourite pile. Rockets, Nerds, gum, Popeye cigarette sticks, juice, ring-pops, and the list goes on forever. This is the pile you drag around everywhere you go, the one you scoop from when in a hurry for school. This is also the pile you can lie about because the pieces are so small. "I swear mom, the pile was HALF the size. I didn't eat everything last night, I promise!"


Yucky Stuff
Apples, and shit. You know, the stuff your nightmares are created from. Who the fuck gives a child an apple for Halloween? Go vegan your own children!

If apples were given like this, I wouldn't have complained!


What was your system? Favourite Candy?

Candles are out,
Eleven's Ink

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...